New York: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Workshop, Jan. 12-13
Manage, Develop, Present your Images with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
Presented by Katrin Eismann and Jack Reznicki, this intermediate weekend workshop from Digital Guru Tours & Workshops delves into Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and is ideal for studio and location photographers who need to manage, organize, and find their files in order to process, present, and profit from them.
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is a new software program built from the ground up for the professional photographer. Lightroom is designed to move images efficiently from capture through development to presentation and printing. Students will learn how to edit a shoot, add essential metadata and process the perfect file with exposure, tonal and color corrections, custom grayscale conversions, and split toning effects. The class will also address integrating Photoshop Lightroom with Photoshop CS3.
The 2-day workshop is limited to 16 attendees, allowing Katrin and Jack to answer your photography, digital, and software questions in a casual yet professional environment. Questions you were perhaps afraid to ask and questions you didn’t know to ask will be addressed during the workshop, including:
• What is Lightroom and how does it differ from Adobe Bridge?
• Ranking, rating, and keywording – oh my…do I have to?
• Editing and processing RAW files (and we don’t mean sushi!)
• Can I shoot tethered with Lightroom? Why would I want to do that?
• Can I improve and simplify my lighting to make better images?
• What is image copyright and how can I protect my images?
• The image looks great on my monitor – but now I want to print it. What settings do I need to use?
Katrin and Jack are well-respected and experienced instructors, known for explaining seemingly complex ideas in easy to understand and hopefully humorous non-geek speak. They guarantee an enjoyable, worthwhile weekend dedicated to the development, understanding, and implementation of professional and creative digital imaging skills.
Dates: Saturday & Sunday, January 12-13, 2008
Location: Reznicki Photography Studio in midtown Manhattan
– Saturday: Registration with a schmear 9:30 am
– Saturday & Sunday: Workshop 10 am–5 PM (lunch on your own)
Payment in full of $499 upon registration with credit card or PayPal.
For additional information on this and future studio and travel workshops with Jack Reznicki and Katrin Eismann please send queries to email@example.com or call 212-925-0771 M-F 10 AM–5 PM.
With thanks to our Seminar Sponsors: