School will travel to five more cities offering updated tracks for both professionals and advanced amateurs featuring the Epson Stylus Pro 3800
Press Release—Based on the ongoing success of the award-winning Epson Print Academy traveling school, Epson added new dates and cities to the schedule. Additionally, the program’s content will be updated to reflect Epson’s newest breakthrough in printing technology with information about how to get the best results from the Epson Stylus Pro 3800, announced worldwide at Photokina.
The new expanded schedule includes:
- Phoenix: Oct. 28, 2006
- Salt Lake City: Nov. 11, 2006
- Atlanta: Dec. 2, 2006
- Los Angeles: Jan. 20, 2007
- New York: Jan 28. 2007
The Epson Print Academy offers two different full-day tracks: Track One is designed for photo enthusiasts, advanced amateurs and other digital SLR camera owners to learn how the pros are able to create great prints from their digital SLR cameras. Track Two is designed by working professionals exclusively for working professionals to learn advanced digital printing techniques that will help them increase both quality and productivity.
Track One, hosted by renowned photographer and lecturer Jack Reznicki, features exciting video interviews and digital tutorials with master photographers and printmakers Greg Gorman, Mac Holbert, Bob Krist, Reznicki, and John Shaw, as well as live demos and step-by-step insider techniques the pros use to make spectacular prints.
Topics covered include:
- A step-by-step experience following admired nature photographer John Shaw, beginning on a photo shoot in the Sierras and culminating in the creation of a print in the digital darkroom
- A discussion of common digital file problems and fixes provided by master printmaker Mac Holbert of Nash Editions
- A look at how celebrity photographer Greg Gorman creates stunning exhibition quality black and white prints
- An overview from Bob Krist explaining how he prepares digital camera files to address the growing interest in using digital projectors and multimedia viewers
- Easy to understand color management and printing techniques
Track Two features live presentations by renowned industry experts such as John Paul Caponigro, Bruce Fraser, Greg Gorman, Mac Holbert, and Jeff Schewe.
- In-depth color management and image optimization
- Expert-level fine-art printing techniques
- Advanced black and white printing techniques
- Using a RIP for contract proofing and CMYK conversions
- Advanced Photoshop and Lightroom techniques for professionals
- Collaborating with graphic designers and commercial printers
“The feedback we have gotten from both educational tracks this year along with the fact that they continue to sell out across North America has shown that photographers value the educational experience Epson is providing,” said Dan Steinhardt, photographic marketing manager, Epson. “We are glad to be able to give even more amateur and professional photographers the opportunity to experience this wealth of useful information and techniques at a value that is unmatched by other programs.”
An Expo area will be open to attendees in both tracks featuring a gallery of images printed on Epson UltraChrome K3TM printers from Epson's Stylus Pros. Also, Print Academy sponsor representatives will be on hand to answer questions and demonstrate products. Sponsors include: Adobe Systems, Microsoft Corp, Lexar Media, Inc., X-Rite, Nik Software, Wacom Technology, the National Association of Photoshop Professionals, GTI, Eizo, Logitech, onOne Software, Solux and Light Impressions.
Early bird pricing for Track One is $49.95 when participants register at least three days prior to the program. Pricing for Track Two is $99.95 after a special $50 discount for professionals. More information including the new tour stop details and how to register is available at www.EpsonPrintAcademy.com.