Fire up Adobe Photoshop This Summer and Get Cooking
The 2006 O’Reilly Photoshop Cook-Off is underway. Just take up to three of your own photos and manipulate them with Adobe Photoshop, using recipes from any of the five O'Reilly Photoshop Cookbooks (no purchase necessary). Adapt the recipe as necessary for your creative vision. Then use the online entry form to reveal which recipe(s) you used, and submit both your original, unmanipulated digital image and the "cooked" image you've created. Submission deadline: August 15.
- Adobe Web Bundle (Creative Suite 2 & Macromedia Studio 8)
- Epson Stylus Photo R2400 printer
- Pentax K100D Digital SLR and DA 18 - 55mm Lens Kit
- Pantone Reference Library
- GretagMacbeth Eye-One Display 2 Pro monitor calibrator
- Nik Software Nik Sharpener Pro
- Premium Subscription to Lynda.com online
- iView Multimedia iView Media Pro3
- JupiterImages 1-year subscription to Photos.com
- Shutterstock.com 3-month subscription
- Lensbabies Lensbaby 2.0
- Software Cinema DVDs:
- Working with Adjustment Layers
- Photoshop Fundamentals and Advanced Techniques
- Advanced Masking Techniques;
- Image Restoration, Repair & Enhancement;
- Pro Techniques I & II Plus Color Management;
- Best of Photoshop CS2
- Total Training DVD: Advanced Photoshop CS2
- O'Reilly Media Gift Certificate
- iStockPhoto Gear & Free Credits
- Lowepro Rolling CompuTrekker Plus AW Bag
- Wetzel & Co. Backgrounds/Textures 6 CD Bundle
- Pexagon Technology 1.8" 20 GB Store-It Portable Hard Drive
There are additional prizes for winners in each othe cookbook categories and runners up.
Top Photoshop experts will judge the contest. The lineup includes Mikkel Aaland, Katrin Eismann, Harris Fogel, Tim Grey, Deke McClelland, Bert Monroy, Eddie Tapp, glitter guru Suzette Troche-Stapp, Vincent Versace, and John Beardsworth, and others. O'Reilly wants to inspire creativity and discover new and promising talent from the ranks of the 4,000,000 plus Photoshop users. The winners will be recognized at an event at PhotoPlus Expo in New York on November 2, 2006.
Sponsors to date include: Adobe, Creative Pro, Digital Photo Pro, Flickr, Graphics.com, Gretag Macbeth, iView Multimedia, Imaginginfo.com, Imaging Resource, iStock Photo, Lensbabies, Lowepro, Lynda.com, Nik Software, "Outdoor Photographer," Pantone, "PC Photo," Photos.com, Photoshopsupport.com, "Professional Photographer," "Rangefinder," Shutterstock, Software Cinema, Total Training, Wetzel & Company.
Educators, students, and interested parties:
Download a flyer (PDF format) to post and/or pass out at workshops, schools, and events.
For more information on contest details and rules, visit the official site of the 2006 O'Reilly Photoshop Cook-Off.
- Submission deadline is August 15, 2006
- All entries must be created using recipes from one or more of the five O’Reilly Photoshop Cookbooks: "Photoshop Retouching Cookbook for Digital Photographers," "Photoshop Blending Modes Cookbook for Digital Photographers," "Photoshop Photo Effects Cookbook," "Photoshop Filter Effects Encyclopedia," and/or "Photoshop Fine Art Effects Cookbook"
- No purchase required; sample recipes are available for download.
- No entry fee
- Legal U.S. residents only
About O'Reilly Media
For over 25 years, O'Reilly Media has illuminated the spaces where innovation, creativity, and technology converge. Nowhere is this more exciting than in the rapidly expanding sphere of creative media, specifically digital photography, graphics, video, audio, and illustration. From in-depth tutorials and comprehensive references to techniques cookbooks and creative guides, O'Reilly connects you to the technologies—and the leading experts—in print, online, and in person.