Fire up Adobe Photoshop This Summer and Get Cooking
All-Star Judges Includes Katrin Eismann, Deke McClelland, Bert Monroy, Eddie Tapp, Vincent Versace, and more
O'Reilly Media today announced The 2006 O’Reilly Photoshop Cook-Off, a contest featuring eighteen top Photoshop experts as judges, including Mikkel Aaland, Katrin Eismann, Harris Fogel, Tim Grey, Deke McClelland, Bert Monroy, Eddie Tapp, Vincent Versace, and John Beardsworth, among others. O'Reilly is aiming to inspire creativity and discover new and promising talent from the ranks of the 4,000,000 plus Photoshop users. The winners will be recognized with awards and fabulous prizes which will be presented at an event at PhotoPlus Expo in New York on November 2, 2006.
Sponsors to date include: Adobe, Creative Pro, Digital Photo Pro, Flickr, Graphics.com, Gretag Macbeth, iView Multimedia, Imaginginfo.com, Imaging Resource, iStock Photo, Lensbabies, Lowepro, Lynda.com, Nik Software, "Outdoor Photographer," Pantone, "PC Photo," Photos.com, Photoshopsupport.com, "Professional Photographer," "Rangefinder," Shutterstock, Software Cinema, Total Training, Wetzel & Company.
Educators, students, and interested parties:
Download a flyer (PDF format) to post and/or pass out at workshops, schools, and events.
For more information on contest details and rules, visit the official 2006 O'Reilly Photoshop Cook-Off contest site.
- Submission deadline is August 15, 2006
- All entries must be created using recipes from one or more of the five O’Reilly Photoshop Cookbooks: "Photoshop Retouching Cookbook for Digital Photographers," "Photoshop Blending Modes Cookbook for Digital Photographers," "Photoshop Photo Effects Cookbook," "Photoshop Filter Effects Encyclopedia," and/or "Photoshop Fine Art Effects Cookbook"
- No purchase required; sample recipes are available for download.
- Winners will be announced on November 2, at a special awards ceremony to be held at Photo Plus Expo in New York
- No entry fee
- Legal U.S. residents only
About O'Reilly Media
For over 25 years, O'Reilly Media has illuminated the spaces where
innovation, creativity, and technology converge. Nowhere is this more
exciting than in the rapidly expanding sphere of creative media,
specifically digital photography, graphics, video, audio, and
illustration. From in-depth tutorials and comprehensive references to
techniques cookbooks and creative guides, O'Reilly connects you to the
technologies--and the leading experts--in print, online, and in person.